You will need to demonstrate a passion for software development, an ongoing commitment to self-improvement and help drive a positive development culture.
You will be rewarded by working for an established & friendly company with a bright future, a competitive salary and remote working!
Role & Responsibilities
You will be working in one of six small agile teams, delivering to fortnightly sprints and will be exposed to the full software development cycle.
Working closely with business analysts and the other development teams, you will design technical solutions to solve business needs. Solutions will have to integrate into both legacy and modern architectures and technology stacks.
During a planned sprint, you will be part of a team striving to develop and deliver the set objectives. You must be able to provide technical expertise and guidance to the team throughout the development process to ensure objectives are met. You must also demonstrate a proactive approach to communication to keep the team informed of the development effort and be able to escalate any impediments quickly and efficiently to the team lead.
As we have a focus on early feedback through a high velocity of releases, you and your team are responsible for maintaining high quality through rigorous testing and code reviews. To further ensure quality you will need adhere to and enforce our coding standards and best practices.
Significant web development experience using
- SQL 2012 +
- C# 4.0 +
- HTML & CSS
- TypeScript or similar JS superset
- Ideally Polymer or any experience in modern JS front end technology
- Proficient in Git or TFS source control
- A practical understanding of SOLID principles
- Practical knowledge of different architectures and development methodologies
- Test Automation
- Messaging systems
- Entity Framework 6 / Micro ORMS
- .NET Core
- TFS administration: build and release processes
- JS client side build processes
- REST API design and development
- Legacy technologies: Web Forms / Classic ASP
- Dev op practices