Technical Support Analyst
Launched in 2005, iSAMS now part of the IRIS Software Group became the first supplier of fully web-based Management Information Systems (MIS) for schools around the world. Since then, iSAMS has continually developed its software to enrich the future of education and support the continued success of schools and their students, including the launch of its integrated accounting solution – iFinance. Their innovative solutions are now trusted by over 1,300 schools in more than 90 countries, with 500,000 students, staff members and parents using their system every day. iSAMS remains ambitious with its ongoing UK and international growth plans.
|Job title||Technical Support Analyst|
|Department||Service Centre – Technical Support|
|Location||Homeworking with requirement to visit the office if required|
|Reporting to||Team Leader, Technical Support|
|Hours per week||37.5 hours per week worked on rotating shift patterns of
The Service Desk is also open on Sunday mornings between 06.00 and 13.00 to support our international clients. There is a requirement to work a Sunday morning in rotation with colleagues (approximately 2/3 Sundays per year).
You will work on a Service Desk alongside a team of analysts to deliver a high quality, proactive second line technical application support service to new and existing customers of iSAMS. You will help support the smooth and timely delivery of all areas of service as defined by the Service Level Agreement (SLAs) and Service Desk policies and procedures to ensure a high-quality response.
You will be a point of escalation for technical queries, incidents and problems received from iSAMS customers.
- To ensure constant monitoring of the Service Desk logging system (Zendesk) ensuring all incidents and requests are resolved or triaged within SLAs and KPIs
- To ensure that the Service Desk logging system is kept up-to-date and accurate. To also ensure that all notes and associated information relating to calls are added to the system in an appropriate manner
- To utilise remote access technology, knowledge sources and diagnostic tools to either resolve or triage tickets to other iSAMS teams or 3rd party suppliers
- To monitor call flow and to raise awareness to the relevant team(s) when required e.g. when there are high volumes
- To identify repetitive incidents to raise awareness to the relevant team(s) by supplying precise and accurate information.
- To provide support to Customer Support Analysts enabling quick and effective resolutions to problems whether that is through support, guidance, escalation or training
- Deal with non-technical ‘How To’ type queries as required
- To assist in maintaining accurate information to reduce impact on the Service Desk such as technical information for support forums and bulletin boards.
- To accurately update any client information in the Service Desk logging system as necessary.
- To regularly audit the Service Desk logging system to ensure that tickets are effectively managed and to confirm that information held is accurate and relevant.
- To participate in team projects that enhances the quality and efficiency of the support service. To participate in continual development and learning activities within the team.
- To review internal procedures on a regular basis to ensure that they are up-to-date and accurate proposing alterations and changes where necessary.
- To maintain one or more information systems to ensure the highest quality and accuracy of data collation
- Training new and existing members of the iSAMS Team with the use of iSAMS as required
- Maintain a good understanding of iSAMS product and keep up to date with system developments
- Undertake any other reasonable tasks or projects which support iSAMS business needs and are within the post holders’ capabilities
|Knowledge and experience||Previous experience of working in a Service Desk/Helpdesk/ Support environment at 2nd line level including experience of managing incidents through to resolution or escalation and working within SLAs
Solid knowledge of SQL using MS SQL Management Studio
Experience of debugging web-based applications
Sound knowledge of IT systems, network configuration, major applications and desktop support
Previous experience in a customer service role – experience of dealing directly with clients/customers
Experience of using a call logging system
Solid understanding incident management and ITIL principles
|Experience of application support
Experience in the education sector, ideally worked on an MIS product
A good understanding of IIS and MS Reporting Services
ITIL foundation qualification
Service Desk qualification
Educated to degree level in Computing or Computer Science
|Skills and abilities||Excellent attention to detail
Strong communication skills both written and verbal
Self-motivated team player
Ability to work with little supervision
Ability to diagnose and investigate issues
Strong analytical skills
Excellent organisational skills
Ability to adapt to changing priorities
Flexible and ‘can do’ attitude to work
Ability and willingness to learn on the job