Technical Support Analyst
Launched in 2005, iSAMS now part of the IRIS Software Group became the first supplier of fully web-based Management Information Systems (MIS) for schools around the world. Since then, iSAMS has continually developed its software to enrich the future of education and support the continued success of schools and their students, including the launch of its integrated accounting solution – iFinance. Their innovative solutions are now trusted by over 1,000 schools in more than 85 countries, with 500,000 students, staff members and parents using their system every day. iSAMS remains ambitious with its ongoing UK and international growth plans.
We are looking for a motivated individual to join our current team of technical support analysts to deliver a high-quality application support service to new and existing customers of iSAMS. You will be a point of escalation for technical queries and problems received from iSAMS Customers. You will respond within the agreed Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to ensure a timely and first-class response.
You will have proven experience of working in a service desk/helpdesk role at 2nd line-level, ideally in application support and have a passion for delivering excellent customer service. You will use remote access technology, knowledge sources and diagnostic tools to resolve tickets raised by customer escalating issues as required to other iSAMS teams or 3rd party suppliers.
You will have a desire to learn, develop and share your knowledge with your fellow colleagues. We have a continuous learning culture to help support ongoing service improvement.
The hours are full time 37.5 hours per week worked on a rotating shift pattern including the following shift times:
- 06.00 – 14.00
- 08.00 – 16.00
- 10.00 – 18.00
There is also a requirement to work an occasional Sunday on a rotating basis.
To succeed in this role you will need:
- Previous experience of working in a Service Desk/Helpdesk/Support environment at 2nd line-level including experience of managing incidents through to resolution
- Experience in using a call logging system
- Experience in coding, preferably in classic ASP, ASP.NET (C#) or JavaScrip
- Experience in debugging web-based applications
- Solid knowledge of SQL using MS SQL Management Studio
- Solid understanding of incident management and ITIL principles
- Excellent customer service experience including strong communication skills
- Experience in application support is desirable as is the experience of working in the education sector ideally working on an MIS product
- Excellent attention to detail with an analytical and methodical approach
- Good team working skills
- An organised approach to work with the ability to be flexible to changing priorities
In return we offer:
- Competitive remuneration package
- Comprehensive induction and on the job training
- Flexible remote/home working
- 26 days annual leave plus statutory bank holidays
- A company pension scheme
- Death in Service
- Plus other optional benefits e.g. private healthcare, option to buy additional holiday