Launched in 2005, iSAMS became the first supplier of fully web-based Management Information Systems for schools around the world. Since then, iSAMS has continually developed their software to enrich the future of education and support the continued success of schools and their students, including the launch of their integrated accounting solution – iFinance. Their innovative solutions are now trusted by over 1,000 schools in more than 80 countries, with 500,000 students, staff members and parents using their system every day. iSAMS remains ambitious with its ongoing UK and international growth plans.
You will need to demonstrate a passion for software development, an ongoing commitment to self-improvement and help drive a positive development culture.
You will be working in a small team working on fortnightly sprints with a remit of ‘getting stuff done’! This role should appeal to anyone who loves seeing small projects through, using a wide range of different technologies, and working on a plethora of products.
Working closely with internal stakeholders, you will be primarily tasked with improving our architectural framework, automated unit test framework, DevOps processes, internal business processes, enhancing existing technical solutions and removing technical debt. You will also be working on client-orientated features from time to time.
You must be able to provide technical expertise and guidance to the team throughout the development process to ensure business objectives are met.
You must also demonstrate a proactive approach to communication to keep the team informed of the development effort and be able to escalate any impediments quickly and efficiently.
You and your team will be responsible for maintaining high quality through rigorous testing and code reviews. To further ensure the quality you will need to adhere to and enforce our coding standards and best practices.
The working hours are full time, 37.5 hours per week.
To succeed in this role you will need:
- Significant web development experience using SQL 2014 +
- C# 8.0 +
- HTML & CSS
- TypeScript or similar JS superset
- Proficiency in Git
- A practical understanding of SOLID principles
- Strong communications skills
- A self-motivated approach to work
- To be well organised with the ability to deliver results
Ideally, you will also have knowledge and experience of
- Web components or any experience in modern JS front end technology
- Practical knowledge of different architectures and development methodologies
- Test Automation
- Messaging systems
- Entity Framework 6 / Micro ORMS
- .NET Core
- JS client side build processes
- REST API design and development
- Legacy technologies: Web Forms / Classic ASP
- SQL Performance Diagnostics and best practice
In return we offer:
- Competitive remuneration package
- Comprehensive induction and on the job training
- Flexible remote/home working
- 26 days annual leave plus statutory bank holidays plus holiday buy scheme
- A company pension scheme
- Death in Service
- Plus other optional benefits e.g. private healthcare, healthcare cashback plan, option to buy additional holiday