Senior Customer Account Manager
You will focus on building lasting relationships with client schools to drive customer satisfaction; ensure iSAMS’ profile and utilisation is high across the school userbase and drive sales of the full iSAMS product/service portfolio. Through regular client communication, video calls and on-site visits, you will identify sales opportunities and manage the full sales process through to closure.
In addition, the role holder will work closely with the Head of Marketing to line manage the team of Customer Account Managers. You will represent the team in relation to interdepartmental meetings and communications and be the key point of contact for internal stakeholders.
- Build trusted and lasting relationships with assigned client schools to ensure retention of business.
- To be the primary contact for your assigned client schools, ensuring regular communication to achieve upsell and cross-sell sales targets, grow the sales pipeline and close sales.
- Conduct regular online/on-site meetings to showcase new/existing iSAMS products and services to achieve sales targets. Ensure any customer service related activities, feedback and required actions are well documented within Salesforce and clearly communicated with the school.
- Work proactively with schools to drive adoption and maximise the utilisation of iSAMS both now and in the future. This includes identifying areas of the system not currently being used which could be of value and assisting with planning the future development of iSAMS within the school.
- Pipeline management – owning data quality in CRM/pipeline reports for all opportunities, ensuring accuracy of sales stage, Opp value, close date and next actions.
- Act as the principal contact for the team for other internal departments. Represent the team at interdepartmental meetings and communications.
- Meet with the Customer Account Managers on a regular basis to share feedback regarding customer needs, iSAMS developments, and any other concerns. This will include discussing action points addressed in the weekly team meeting and identifying points for the next agenda.
- Authorise holiday and manage absences in the team ensuring there is sufficient cover at all times.
- Active involvement in the recruitment, induction, training and performance reviews of team members. Provide support and guidance to team members on a daily basis including regular 1-to-1s and day to day line management e.g. managing behaviours and performance
- Attend conferences, exhibitions, user group meetings and other events as required.
- To maintain a deep understanding of iSAMS and our business to inform customers about system developments (features/functionality/products/services) and relevant company news, highlighting the value to them.
- Ability to adapt the key messages according to the audience/situation during both face-to-face and online meetings.
- Create and maintain accurate sales performance documents. Provide daily updates on client activity to be shared with the company Directors, Sales team and Marketing team.
- Produce reports as required by the Head of Marketing and Directors.
- Develop and share ideas around achieving sales and client retention targets. Be able to speak confidently about any projects/campaign you are working on including the sales potential, their progress and current status as required.
- Confidently negotiate sales agreements to ensure maximum revenue whilst delivering value for our client schools.
- Deal with any customer concerns or complaints in a timely and professional manner, liaising with other departments as required in order to form a suitable response.
- Work closely with your fellow CAMs and internal stakeholders to meet your targets, share client feedback and uphold excellent customer service acting as a guardian of the customer experience.
- Function as the voice of the customer with internal departments and provide feedback on how iSAMS can better serve our schools.
- Keep up-to-date with educational, market and competitor developments in order to speak with confidence and credibility in front of customers. Use this information to make sound commercial decisions.
- Undertake any other reasonable tasks or projects which support iSAMS business needs and are within the post holders’ capabilities.
Person Specification – Knowledge, Skills & Experience required
- Preferably holds an undergraduate degree (or equivalent)
- Successful sales account management/customer relationship management experience of an IT/SaaS product. Track record of customer retention and sales growth in previous experience
- Proven sales experience of managing multiple accounts simultaneously and delivering to target
- Proven experience of managing a team in a sales environment
- Good commercial, negotiation and influencing skills
- Effective time management
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to build trust and rapport at all levels
- Team player – embracing and enhancing the team ethos.
- Ability to deliver excellent presentations at a professional level
- An advocate of technology and confident in the use of IT for business purposes
- Experience of the education market is advantageous
- Knowledge of iSAMS is advantageous
- Self-motivated team player who has fresh ideas when it comes to user adoption for increasing sales, whilst aligning with iSAMS business and revenue objectives
- Holds a current valid driving licence
Contract Type: Permanent
Position Type: Full Time
Closing Date: Tuesday 13 July 2021