Reporting Services Developer
|Job title||Reporting Services Developer|
|Department||Service Centre – Reporting Services|
|Location||Homeworking with requirement to visit the office if required|
|Reporting to||Team Leader, Reporting Services|
|Hours per week||37.5 hours per week|
You will work alongside a team of SSRS Report Developers to deliver a high quality SSRS report development and SSRS support service to new and existing customers of iSAMS. You will help support the smooth and timely delivery of all custom, catalogue and built-in report development and support customers in areas of service as defined by the Service Centre policies and procedures to ensure a high-quality service.
- Work with the rest of the reporting team to manage incoming requests for reports, meeting deadlines and delivering on requirements escalating to other teams where required.
- To ensure that the Service Desk logging system is kept up-to-date and accurate. To also ensure that all notes and associated information relating to calls and clients are added to the system in an appropriate manner.
- Use creativity to design aesthetically appealing reports using SSRS.
- Respond to client queries in a timely way and ensure ticket information is accurately updated.
- To identify and share repetitive incidents or requests to support the continual improvement and efficiency of the service.
- To assist in ensuring knowhow is kept up to date and shared with our clients via the company’s communication channels to improve the delivery of the service.
- To participate in team projects, continual development and learning activities which enhances the quality and efficiency of the service offered by the reporting service team.
- Maintain a good understanding of iSAMS product and keep up to date with system developments.
- Undertake any other reasonable tasks or projects which support iSAMS business needs and are within the post holders’ capabilities.
|Knowledge and experience||Solid knowledge of Report Development using MS SSRS
Solid knowledge of SQL using MS SQL Management Studio
Previous experience in a customer service role – experience of dealing directly with clients/customers
Experience of using a call logging system
|Experience in the education sector, ideally worked on an MIS product
Experience/appreciation of code (.net, asp.net, VB)
Knowledge of Microsoft Power BI
|Skills and abilities||Excellent attention to detail
Strong communication skills both written and verbal
Self-motivated team player
Ability to work with little supervision
Ability to diagnose and investigate issues
Strong analytical skills
Excellent organisational skills
Ability to adapt to changing priorities
Flexible and ‘can do’ attitude to work
Ability and willingness to learn on the job