Job title: Lead Developer
Location: Home based
Reporting to: Head of Development
Hours per week: 37.5 hours per week
Remuneration: Subject to experience
Working within an agile environment you will lead and motivate a small team of remote based software developers to lead on the design, development and timely deployment of high-quality software solutions for iSAMS. You will be exposed to the full software development cycle.
You will be committed to your own and your team members’ personal development as software developers contributing to a culture of continuous improvement within the team and department.
- Work with the Head of Development to plan fortnightly sprints. Demonstrate good ability to estimate time and resource required to complete a project and allocate team resource accordingly.
- Manage your team effectively to deliver projects allocated to you by the Head of Development within the timeframes agreed using the range of technologies available and demonstrating you and your teams’ technical expertise.
- Manage multiple projects concurrently with a focus on delivery.
- Work proactively and closely with internal stakeholders within and outside the Development team to ensure requirements are delivered and progress is communicated. This includes leading on the design of technical solutions to meet business needs and provide proactive ideas on future developments. Solutions must integrate into both legacy and modern architecture and technology stacks.
- Ensure all developments are fully documented
- Manage your team and ensure they are supported, developed and coached to perform to a high standard. Provide technical expertise and guidance to the team on a daily basis to ensure objectives are met.
- Support the recruitment, induction and performance reviews of team members.
- Manage team workloads during holidays, sickness and other any other absence.
- Communicate effectively with your team to ensure you are aware of progress and to effectively resolve any issues raised with you and in turn escalating these promptly to the Head of Development where necessary.
- Ensure that all development activity is reported accurately so that progress, issues and any remedial action identified can be tracked.
- To identify and implement process improvements for the team and department. This will contribute towards improving our architectural framework, automated unit test framework, devops processes, internal business processes and existing technical solutions.
- To help reduce technical debt.
- Ensure the team maintains high quality through rigorous testing processes and code reviews.
- Ensure that there are solid release plans for hand-over to sales, marketing and operations.
- Drive your team to maintain high standards adhering to internal coding standards and best practices.
- Maintain a high standard of code and design documentation.
- Proactively keep abreast of industry developments, skills and technologies and share information, ideas and best practice with team/department to improve skills and avoid single points of failure.
- Undertake any other reasonable tasks or projects which support iSAMS business needs and are within the post holders’ capabilities.
|Knowledge and experience
|Significant web development experience
• SQL 2017 +
• C# 8.0 +
• TypeScript or similar JS superset
Practical knowledge of different architectures and development methodologies
A practical understanding of SOLID principles
Proven experience of working in a senior software developer role demonstrating experience of the full software development cycle including design, testing, deployment and documentation
|Experience of Polymer or any experience in modern JS front end technology
Entity Framework 6 / Micro ORMS
Azure Devops administration: build and release processes
JS client-side build processes
Identity Server/ OpenID Connect
REST API design and development
Legacy technologies: Web Forms /Classic ASP
Dev op practices
Experience of working in an agile software development environment
|Skills and abilities||Strong written and verbal communication skills
Strong organisational skills and ability to adapt to changing priorities
Able to motivate others and be a self-motivated team player
Analytical and methodical approach
Good problem-solving skills and pride in a job well done
Excellent attention to detail
Be able to act quickly and decisively