Lead Automation Test Engineer
iSAMS is a well-established Management Information System for schools, growing rapidly both domestically and internationally with big plans for the near future.
We are establishing a new team to drive the creation of a suite of automation tests to improve the quality of our releases. We have a small team of QA/Automation engineers and we’re looking to expand the team with a new lead automation position.
You will be rewarded by working for an established & friendly company with a bright future, a competitive salary and remote working!
Role & Responsibilities
We need a lead automation engineer to:
- Research and develop an automation tech stack for our product range, including
- Automated end-to-end UI tests
- API testing
- Load and stress testing
- Maintain an automation test execution environment
- Seek new tools to enhance the reliability and success of the automation tests and to drive down false positives
- Mentor junior automation engineers
- Collaborate with the product development teams to educate on best practices to support automation testing
- Collaborate with the wider IRIS community to foster a culture of sharing and learning
- Significant test automation experience (preferably using Selenium or Playwright)
- Experience of
- C# 8+
- SQL 2016+
- Experience of writing and maintaining flexible/non-brittle tests
- Must have experience in owning and developing the environment test are executed in
- Proficient in Git source control
- Docker / Containers
- DevOps with CI/CD in Azure Devops