Finance Customer Account Manager
Job title: Finance Customer Account Manager (CAM)
Department: Marketing and Community
Location: Field based with requirement for nationwide travel in the UK with flexibility to stay away from home as required. Occasional international travel may be
required. Travel will include attendance at meetings in our Northampton head office. All other work will be home-based.
Reporting to: Sales Director
Hours per week: 37.5 hours per week; flexibility required
Remuneration: Salary + Commission + Car allowance
You will also focus on building lasting relationships with client schools to drive customer satisfaction; ensure the iFinance profile and utilisation is high across the school userbase; and drive sales of the full finance product/service portfolio. You will also demonstrate and sell products from the IRIS portfolio to new and existing schools, working on leads generated by the Marketing team.
As well as visiting customers, you will be required to attend School Association and IT
Exhibitions/Conferences. Lead generation is expected through networking with potential new clients and existing customers.
Through regular client communication, video calls and on-site visits, you will help identify cross sale opportunities and manage the full sales process through to closure.
- To be the primary contact for your assigned client schools, ensuring regular communication and high levels of customer satisfaction and deliver any sales opportunities.
- Deal with any customer concerns or complaints in a timely and professional manner, liaising with other departments as required in order to form a suitable response.
- To deliver professional presentations with an excellent knowledge of IRIS products.
- Conduct on-site visits and online meetings to showcase product functionality and services. Ensure accurate post-meeting reports are shared with customers detailing the content of the meeting and any required actions are followed up in a timely manner.
- Work proactively with schools to maximise the investment opportunity in our solution and maximise the utilisation. This includes identifying functionality not currently available to them in their existing systems which could be of value and assisting with planning the adoption of Finance products within the school.
- Attend conferences, exhibitions, user groups, sales seminars and other events as required.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of our Finance solutions, as well as our Training, Installation, MIS, Support Services and our business in order to inform schools about system developments (features/functionality/products/services) and relevant company news, highlighting the value to them.
- Maintain accurate client records within Salesforce for all contact information, customer service actions and status of sales opportunities.
- Create and maintain accurate forecast sales performance documents. Provide daily updates on client activity to be shared with the company Directors and Sales team.
- Be able to speak confidently about all your sales opportunities, their progress and current status as required.
- Develop and share ideas around achieving sales and client retention targets. Be able to speak confidently about any projects/campaign you are working on including the sales potential, their progress and current status as required.
- Build trusted and lasting relationships with client schools to ensure retention of business.
- Function as the voice of the customer with internal departments and provide feedback on how iSAMS can better serve our schools.
- Keep up to date with educational, market and competitor developments in order to speak with confidence and credibility in front of schools. Use this information to make sound commercial decisions.
- Undertake any other reasonable tasks or projects which support iSAMS business needs and are within the post holders’ capabilities.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Preferably holds an undergraduate degree (or equivalent).
- A track record of customer retention and sales growth in a previous role and/or successful account management/customer relationship management experience of a Finance/SaaS product would be strongly advantageous.
- Previous experience of working in an account’s role demonstrating a sound knowledge of accounting terminology and principles is essential. An AAT qualification or equivalent is required. A higher accounting qualification would be desirable.
- Experience of working with a range of accounting package is a must.
- Good commercial, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills with ability to build trust and rapport at all levels.
- Ability to deliver excellent presentations at a professional level.
- An advocate of technology and confident in the use of IT for business purposes.
- Knowledge of school finance packages is advantageous.
- Self-motivated team player who has fresh ideas when it comes to user adoption for increasing sales.
- Experience of the education market is advantageous
- Confident using MS Office and Salesforce (the latter is advantageous)
- Current valid UK driving licence.