Customer Support Analyst
Launched in 2005, iSAMS now part of the IRIS Software Group became the first supplier of fully web-based Management Information Systems for schools around the world. Since then, iSAMS has continually developed their software to enrich the future of education and support the continued success of schools and their students, including the launch of their integrated accounting solution – iFinance. Their innovative solutions are now trusted by over 1,300 schools in more than 90 countries, with 500,000 students, staff members and parents using their system every day. iSAMS remains ambitious with its ongoing UK and international growth plans.
|Job title||Customer Support Analyst|
|Department||Service Centre – Customer Support|
|Location||Homeworking with requirement to visit the office if required|
|Reporting to||Team Leader, Customer Support|
|Hours per week||37.5 hours per week worked on rotating shift patterns of
The Service Desk is also open on Sunday mornings between 06.00 and 13.00 to support our international clients. There is a requirement to work a Sunday morning in rotation with colleagues (approximately 2/3 Sundays per year).
You will work on a Service Desk alongside a team of analysts to deliver an application support service to new and existing customers of iSAMS. You will help support the smooth and timely delivery of all areas of service as defined by the Service Level Agreement (SLAs) and Service Desk policies and procedures to ensure a high-quality response.
You will be a first point of contact for iSAMS customers via the available channels including the helpdesk portal, telephone and email.
- Take calls, raise tickets, resolve tickets or escalate to relevant teams or 3rd party suppliers.
- Carry out initial troubleshooting on customer queries and diagnostics
- Effectively use the Incident Management system to raise and resolve tickets.
- Ensure tickets are kept up to date with progress on the Service Desk logging system.
- Classify incoming requests
- Respond to all new tickets by the end of each working day with an average 25-minute response time
- Deal with ‘How To’ type queries
- Monitor call flow and to raise concerns with relevant team(s) when required e.g. when there are high volumes
- Recognise repetitive issues, trends and raising awareness with other team members to ensure learning and best practice is maintained
- Identify and recognise known/new bugs and escalate to the relevant team for further investigation
- Update support forums
- Ad hoc training for clients
- Training new and existing members of the iSAMS Team with the use of iSAMS as required
- Maintain a good understanding of iSAMS product and keep up to date with system developments.
- Share knowledge and feedback within the team to help support improvement in processes.
- Undertake any other reasonable tasks or projects which support iSAMS business needs and are within the post holders’ capabilities
|Knowledge and experience||Previous experience of working in a Service Desk/Helpdesk/ Support environment including experience of managing incidents through to resolution or escalation
Previous experience in a customer service role – experience of dealing directly with clients/customers
Experience of using a call logging system
Solid understanding incident management and ITIL principles
|Experience of application support
Experience in the education sector, ideally worked on an MIS product
|Skills and abilities||Good attention to detail
Strong communication skills both written and verbal
Self-motivated team player
Ability to diagnose and investigate issues
Analytical and methodical approach
Excellent org3anisational skills
Ability to adapt to changing priorities
Flexible and ‘can do’ attitude to work
Ability and willingness to learn on the job