Launched in 2005, iSAMS now part of the IRIS Software Group became the first supplier of fully web-based Management Information Systems (MIS) for schools around the world. Since then, iSAMS has continually developed its software to enrich the future of education and support the continued success of schools and their students, including the launch of its integrated accounting solution – iFinance. Their innovative solutions are now trusted by over 1,300 schools in more than 90 countries, with 500,000 students, staff members and parents using their system every day. iSAMS remains ambitious with its ongoing UK and international growth plans.
You will work closely with the Content Design Manager to design, develop and implement self-service online e-learning content. Working with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) you will create engaging, interactive content aimed at new schools on-boarding and existing customers working towards certifications.
- Work collaboratively with the Content Design manager, iUniversity Team and SMEs to assist in defining course objectives scope. You will create Storyboards, designing and developing interactive and engaging online training content.
- Write instructional copy, audio scripts, and capture screenshots and video for self-paced online courses. Coordinate with video editors and voice-over artists.
- Design and develop knowledge learning checks and assessments.
- Load and test learning content to the Learning Management System (LMS).
- Collect and analyse data to assess course effectiveness, make suggestions and improvements on a continuous basis.
- Follow style guide standards to create training content catering to varying degree of system knowledge. Develop new standards where required to ensure the team has a consistent approach going forward.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously to ensure continuity of work while waiting on reviews from SMEs and other stakeholders.
- Keep abreast of system enhancements to ensure e-learning material is up to date and relevant for its purpose.
- Undertake any other reasonable tasks or projects which support iSAMS business needs and are within the post holders’ capabilities.
Person Specification – Knowledge, Skills & Experience required
- Previous experience in creating and developing e-learning content
- Some experience in course Instructional Design preferable
- Proven work experience in a Learning & Development environment and familiarity with LMS platforms
- Preferably holds an undergraduate degree (or equivalent)
- Excellent written and verbal communications with ability to communicate advanced/technical concepts succinctly and in a digestible format.
- Excellent organisational skills with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and adapt to changing priorities
- Proficiency with video capture software (such as TechSmith Camtasia or Adobe Captivate) and content authoring tools (Articulate 360 or Rise)
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Experience working in a SaaS (Software-as-a-service) is preferable
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work well with all stakeholders
- Self-motivated team player
- Experience of the education market is desirable